Details about Indigenous Education Placement Scholarship at Flinders University 2023
Indigenous Education Placement Scholarship at Flinders University 2023 is offered for Bachelors degree in the field of Education, Psychology and Social Work. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 19 May 2023. This scholarship is provided by Flinders University and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, up to $5,000 . This scholarship is open for: Open to Australia nationals.
- Degree: Bachelors
- Provided by: Flinders University
- Deadline: 19 May 2023
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, up to $5,000
The Indigenous Education Placement Scholarship has been established to recognize the deep appreciation of the knowledge, capacity and potential leadership that Indigenous people can bring to the country. The scholarship aims to assist Indigenous preservice teachers on remote placements. This scholarship aims to reduce the financial burden of placements and enable students to develop their skills while contributing to a regional or remote community.
Eligibility for the Indigenous Education Placement Scholarship:
- Applicant must be of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and should identify as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
- Candidate should be accepted as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander by the community in which they live or have lived.
- Students must be enrolled in a Bachelor of Education degree at Flinders University, which includes placement components.
- Applicant should be enrolled in a topic that has a placement component of at least four weeks duration in the year the scholarship will be awarded.
- Students should be intending to undertake a placement in a regional or rural location as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard Remoteness Areas 3-5.
- Candidates should be undertaking the placement in a regional or rural location that is at least 90 minutes from the campus the student is enrolled.
- Applicants must be temporarily relocated from their usual semester address to undertake the placement and have not received this scholarship previously.
- Academic merit.
- The extent to which the scholarships will alleviate financial hardship caused by the placement.
- The commitment of the student to undertaking a regional or rural placement as demonstrated by their responses to selection criteria questions.
- The extent to which the applicant can contribute to the school and the broader community due to this placement.
Value of the scholarship:
The scholarship value is up to $5,000, paid in a single installment before the commencement of the placement.