Getting Your R350 SRD Grant Back
Have you canceled your R350 SRD grant application but want to resubmit it now that your circumstances have changed? To learn how to do this, continue reading.
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) will be distributing the Special Covid-19 R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant until March 2022. Thus, applicants who have previously cancelled their R350 grant application may still be able to reinstate it if their circumstances have changed.
Many applicants may have cancelled their R350 SRD grant application because they found employment and no longer needed financial assistance via the R350 grant. If their circumstances have changed and they have lost their source of income then they may want to reinstate their application for the R350 grant.
SASSA R350 grant applicants are allowed to cancel their application whenever they feel and they also have the option of reversing that very action by reinstating their cancelled SRD grant application.
Here’s how to bring back your cancelled R350 grant application:
- Go to the SRD website
- Under the Cancel My Application tab, click on ‘reinstate my cancelled grant application’
- Fill your ID number and mobile in in the required fields
- Click ‘send pin’
- You will then receive an SMS with an OTP
- Insert the OTP in the required field
- Click ‘Verify pin’
- Choose a reason to instate the grant (Reasons may be: “Cancelled in error”, “No longer have income”, Other)
- A message will appear asking you whether you are sure that you want to reinstate the grant
- Click “Yes” to continue.
Visit the SASSA website for more information or call their toll-free helpline on 0800 601 011.