Application Process for Online Study at Nelson Mandela University
Do you intend to apply to Nelson Mandela University (NMU) to pursue a degree? See below for information on how to apply online at NMU.
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE TO STUDY AT NMU
Decided what you want to study? Meet the requirements? Right, now you can apply.
There are 4 steps in completing your application journey at NMU.
Before you start your online application, please take note of the following.
- Online applications must be submitted by the respective closing dates as indicated.
- Places are limited and it is therefore in your best interest to submit your online application as early as possible.
- Please ensure that you have completed both online application sections and submitted all your supporting documentation.
To apply online, you will need
- Internet access
- A valid email address
- Your latest school results – Example: Grade 11 final or grade 12 June or September or final school leaving results
- A valid SA ID number or passport number
- A valid cell number
Your online application form must be accompanied by:
- a certified copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- a certified copy of your most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (no March results), or
- a certified copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- certified copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a certified copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a certified copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian / surety if you are a dependant, or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the University.
- Some programmes have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your faculty specific requirements.
- You can track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via NMU’s website and sms.
- If you are admitted, you will receive an orientation guide together with registration information in November/December.
- Final acceptance is depended on:
- your final school leaving results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme, or
- the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
Once you are ready to apply, simply click here and follow the prompts.