Everything You Should Know About MBA Programs at Milpark Education
Many business-related courses are offered at the AMBA-accredited Milpark Business School in South Africa. To learn everything there is to know about Milpark’s MBA degree, keep reading.
The Master of Business Administration is Milpark’s flagship qualification, which received AMBA accreditation in 2018. This makes it the only AMBA-accredited MBA in Africa for both contact and online distance learning.
Milpark’s MBA is in the top 2% of global business schools in over 70 countries due to its accreditation by AMBA.
Milpark’s MBA curriculum consists of modules that will ensure the development of managers skilled in the areas of social responsibility, the environment and corporate citizenship. MBA students will learn critical skills that will help them thrive in key management areas.
Successful completion of this qualification will enable the student to:
- analyse complex issues, think critically and appreciate alternative perspectives related to core business management issues
- apply, evaluate and synthesise current management theories in the main functional areas of financial management, human resource management, marketing management, ethics, governance, operations management, global economics and leadership
- demonstrate an appreciation of and contribute towards the development and implementation of the responsibilities that business has towards society, local communities and the environment
- apply the theoretical and practical aspects of the strategic development of organisations in an integrated fashion in a particular business or sector
- develop creative, imaginative, credible solutions to management issues
- demonstrate personal and interpersonal skills, notably reporting, presenting, critical analysis, imagination, emotional intelligence, creativity, teamwork and independent learning.
The Admission Requirements for the MBA are:
- have an accredited postgraduate diploma, honours degree, a four-year Bachelor’s degree (that exits at Level 8) or equivalent.
- be at least 25 years old.
- achieve an acceptable rating in the admission assessment.
- have a minimum of three to four years of relevant work experience.
- be proficient in English. (Proof of proficiency may be required for international students.)
- be computer and internet-literate.
- submit a one-page essay motivating their admission onto the MBA.
- submit a CV using the Milpark Business School template (the template is available on the online admission application).
- present themselves for an interview with the Programme Manager.
International applicants whose first language is not English are required to provide proof of proficiency in English prior to admission to the qualification.
The programme can be completed in a period of 2 years and a maximum of 5 years.
Modules are assessed by individual and syndicate coursework assignments as well as tests and examinations. Students are also required to attend at least 80% of contact sessions
Upon successful completion of the qualification, you will receive a Master of Business Administration, NQF Level 9 which is accredited by the Higher Education Quality Committee of the Council on Higher Education (CHE).